Inspection Requests:

Inspections: All inspections must be called in by 3:00pm to be done the next business day

Phone request: 281-346-1796 ext 36

Email request:

Building Codes:

The codes are based on minimum requirements to safeguard the public safety, health, and general welfare through affordability, structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, light and ventilation, energy conservation and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to new construction, renovation, and alterations of buildings. Codes are here to keep us safe where we work, live, worship, live and play. To learn more about the International Codes visit:

For the safety of our citizens, the City of Fulshear adopted the International 2003 Residential Building Code, the International 2003 Fire Code.

Inspections: All inspections must be called in by 3:00pm and require 24 hours lead time

Contractor Registration:

All building contractors, electricians, (Master, Journeyman and Apprentice) plumbers, and HVAC contractors performing work in the city are required to hold a City of Fulshear Contractor Registration Form. City registrations must be renewed annually.

Contractor Registration [PDF]

Applicants desiring a city registration must appear in person and have proper identification, insurance verification and a copy of their state license, if applicable at time of registering with the city.  

Residential Building Permits:

Permits are required for the following:

  • Building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are all required for new residential construction.
  • Changing, moving or repairing walls, floors, ceilings, windows, and doors, etc. requires a Building Permit.
  • Changing, moving or repairing electrical requires an Electrical Permit.
  • Changing, moving or repairing mechanical requires a Mechanical Permit.
  • Changing, moving or repairing plumbing requires a Plumbing permit
  • New Irrigation, Pools and Spa installations.

Please note, there is no permit required for fencing unless the fence to be constructed is over eight (8) feet in height or is masonry construction of more than four (4) feet in height.

Commercial Building Permits:

Permits are required for the following:

  • Permits for new commercial construction require building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits.
  • The building permit must be obtained before trade permit can be issued.
  • Other requirements may need to be met before a building permit can be issued.
Fire Marshal visit:
Health Department visit:
Other Helpful Websites:

Sign Permits:

All signage in the city limits of Fulshear and in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City require a permit. Only permanent monument styled signs and wall signs no larger than 10% of the building façade are permitted. Revolving, moving, portable, snipe and off-premise sign are prohibited. A sign application must be accompanied by required documents and each application is reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission and the City Council prior to issuance of permits.

Please refer to the sign ordinance regarding exemptions, temporary construction signs and banners.

City Sign Ordinance, Sign Ordinance Amendment 1 for Sandwich Board Signs, Sign Ordinance Amendment 2 for Exempt SignsSign Permit Application Banner Sign Application

Pool Permits:

A pool permit is required to build swimming pools in the City limits.

Swimming Pool Permit Requirements Pool Barrier Compliance


Solicitor's/ Itinerant Vendor's Permits:

If you are a solicitor seeking to offer the sale of goods or services door to door a permit is required under Ordinance No. 2012-1040Please refer to the Ordinance or call the Permit office for more information.  The form below will be the form required under the Ordinance.  It should be understood that no permit can be issued without Council approval and your permit application may take several weeks for approval.  Soliciting without a permit is a violation of the Ordinance and may result in prosecuction.

Solicitation Permit Application

 Alarm System Permit

Alarm System Permit Application