What is required for a New Business Permit?
- Certificate of Occupancy Application
- $60 Inspection fee
- Floor plan submission
- Fort Bend County Fire Marshal approval
- Restaurants and other establishments serving food for human consumption will also need approval from the Fort Bend County Health Department
- Special Use Permit is required for any properties being converted from residential use and must comply with commercial codes.
What is a Special Use Permit?
- A special use permit is required when a property wants to change their current use. A common example within the City of Fulshear is a residence requesting to change to commercial. A special use permit must go before the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council therefore the process could take up to 60 days to complete. The process is outlined in the City of Fulshear Zoning Ordinance.
How do I obtain a Special Use Permit?
- Please make an appointment with the Building Official.
What is required for a Residential Remodel or Addition Permit?
- Two sets of all complete plans including:
- Site plan
- Existing floor plan
- Proposed floor plan
- Foundation and Framing plan (must meet 110 mph wind speed)
- Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP) Detail
- Energy Code Report
- Note: The City of Fulshear is currently under the 2003 International Residential Code, 2005 National Electrical Code and the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
How do I file a complaint regarding code enforcement?
How do I file a complaint regarding code enforcement? (Ex. High weeds grass, junk vehicles, animals at large, substandard buildings, construction without permit)
- Contact the Building Official with full detail.
- You may also submit a complaint online by filling out the form at the end of this link.
How do I obtain a Sign Permit?
- Submit sign permit application with two sets of plans.
- Ground signs also require two sets of site plans.
How do I obtain a Banner Permit?
- New Business Banners - One 90 day banner for the cost of $75.
- Business Banners - One banner every three months for the cost of $50. The sign cannot exceed 14 calendar day
- Non-Profit Banners - One banner every three months for the cost of $10. The sign will be allowed to remain up for 10 days and must be removed no later than 3 days after the event.
- Event Banners – One on site banner, four off site banners and ten directional signage (directional signage may contain the name or logo of the event and directional information only) for the cost of $100. The banners shall be placed no earlier than 5 days prior to the event and removed the following day after the event, the directional signs will be allowed to be placed no earlier than 8 hrs prior to the event and must be removed no later than 4 hours after the event
- ALL banners must be permitted with the City of Fulshear and sticker or they will be removed.
- Banner size may not exceed 5 feet in height or 32 total square feet in sign area
- Note: Snipe signs are not permitted by the City of Fulshear and all will be removed immediately. Snipe signs are defined as a sign that is tacked, nailed, posted, pasted, glued or otherwise attached to a tree, stake, fence, utility pole or other like object, the advertising matter of which is not applicable to the present use of the premises on which the sign is located.
How can I reclaim a banner that has been removed by the City of Fulshear?
- There is a $5 charge for all non-permitted banners which can be reclaimed at City Hall. All snipe signs will be removed and disposed of by the City of Fulshear.