Over the next 10 years, the population of Fulshear is expected to surpass 30,000 residents. Fulshear is positioned solidly in the path of growth as one of the Greater Houston region’s desirable western suburbs. Its strengths include highly rated schools, award-winning master-planned communities, and good access to employment centers along Interstate 10 and the Westpark Tollway. Yet even with these positive prospects, Fulshear faces important challenges that it must address and manage to secure its future.
The strategic framework provides a mechanism for project evaluation and decision-making that is based on the community’s values and priorities. This framework not only serves to guide the City’s decision-making but also acts as a powerful tool to assist the City in seeking like-minded development partners who share the City’s vision for its future.
Economic Development Vision
“Fulshear is a top destination for talent and businesses in the Greater Houston region, maintaining a small-town feel and a strong connection to nature balanced with high-quality, well-planned, and diversified development.”
- EXCELLENT QUALITY OF PLACE. Fulshear maintains a unique character with abundant, attractive community assets that serve as amenities to current and future residents and businesses.
- FISCALLY SUSTAINABLE. The City of Fulshear has a diversified revenue base that supports quality city services and plentiful funding for priority capital improvement projects.
- BALANCED TAX BASE. The residential tax base of Fulshear is complemented and supplemented by a robust commercial tax base composed of a wide range of industries.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT. Support business growth and tax-base diversification in Fulshear with a suite of economic development services.
- STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS. Encourage the development of opportunity areas through the investment of the City’s and EDCs’ resources.
- TRANSFORMATIVE PROJECTS. Preserve and enhance Fulshear’s character and quality of place through catalytic projects. Transformational projects that emerged as themes in the planning process include a vibrant downtown, a lifestyle center, and parks and open space.
- ORGANIZATIONAL ALIGNMENT. Structure the City of Fulshear’s economic development tools, resources, and oversight for efficient service delivery and investment management.