What is a Type "B" Corporation?
The Type B sales tax may be used for any project eligible under Type A rules and several other project types, including quality of life improvements. Type B corporations may pay for land, buildings, equipment, facilities, targeted infrastructure and improvements for:
- professional and amateur sports and athletic facilities, tourism and entertainment facilities, convention facilities and public parks;
- related store, restaurant, concession, parking and transportation facilities;
- related street, water and sewer facilities; and
- affordable housing.
To promote and develop new and expanded business enterprises that create or retain primary jobs, a Type B EDC may fund:
- public safety facilities;
- recycling facilities;
- streets, roads, drainage and related improvements;
- demolition of existing structures;
- general municipally owned improvements; and
- maintenance and operating costs associated with projects.
Type B EDCs also may seek voter approval to spend Type B sales tax funds for a water supply, water conservation program or cleanup of contaminated property.
Read more at Texas Ahead
Please click here for a list of current Fulshear Development Corporation members [PDF].
Board meeting documentation (agendas and minutes).
If you are interested in serving on the Corporation in the future, please visit here for more information.