This second round of applications is open to all businesses, whether or not they remit sales taxes for the City of Fulshear. Businesses who received a grant under the first round, however, are not eligible for a second grant under this expanded program. Businesses who applied to the first grant round (which closed June 5), but were ineligible, are encouraged to reapply for this second round by completing the form below, as are any other interested Fulshear businesses.
Any business that was operating in Fulshear on or before March 19, 2020 may apply regardless of the length of time in operations.
Grants will be awarded to eligible applicants on the basis of one of two tiered schedules. Eligible businesses who remit sales tax for the City of Fulshear may receive grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 based on the amount of sales taxes remitted to the City. Eligible businesses who do not remit sales tax may receive grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 based on the number of full time equivalent employees at their Fulshear location. Please see the City of Fulshear's Resolution for additional details.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received, with grants being awarded to eligible applicants until the funds for the program ($161,250) have been exhausted, or August 14, 2020, at 5 p.m. CST, whichever comes first. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline and modifications are not allowed after applications have been submitted.
The City of Fulshear is subject to the Texas Public Information Act, and records in the possession or control of the City are subject to release in response to a request for such records, as may be required by law.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This grant program is intended as assistance for local businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19 who meet the following general parameters:
- Registered with the Secretary of State on or before March 19, 2020
- Operated for profit
- Attest to experiencing a negative financial impact as a direct result of the state of disaster declared for Texas on March 13, 2020
- Be open for business, or plan to reopen if currently closed
- Have a physical location within the city limits of the City of Fulshear (this is based on actual geographic location, not zip code). Home-based businesses are not eligible.
- Have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Have an active right to transact business in Texas as indicated by the franchise tax account status reported by the Texas Comptroller
- Have no less than 2 and no more than 35 full time equivalent employees at the Fulshear location
- Have sought other state, federal, or lending-institution based financial resources on or after March 13, 2020
- Have a valid City of Fulshear Certificate of Occupancy
- Have all applicable permits for the City and State required to operate the business
- Execute an unsworn statement, under penalty of perjury, declaring that the eligibility information reported on the application is true and correct
- Submit necessary vendor documentation (W9) for processing of the grant payment for eligible applicants